Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The Old Has Gone The New Has Come

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, He is a new creation, the old has gone, the new has come. II Corinthians 5:17.

Out with the old, and in with the new. The year has passed, a new year is upon us.

One of my favorite quotes I heard on a tape I was listening to is; "there are no longer good days and bad days, all are days of grace." "Some days you are given the grace to endure and some days you are given the grace to enjoy."

Last year was a year where more days than not I was given the grace to endure. I am glad to see a new dawn of a new year.

Seven is the number of completion, Eight is the number of new beginnings. Here at the beginning of a new year I am thankful for what has been completed in me. This year I have learned that if I do not love myself I will never be able to love others. It is what I believe and tell myself that I will live. God's love can and does flow into me, but it will never flow out of me totally until I learn to love myself as He loves me. I am anticipating a new beginning for the year ahead.

The old has gone, 2007, the new has come, 2008. May this be the year when I truly begin to grasp that the old me was crucified and now the new me, Christ in me, has come. May it be a year when the reality that Christ exchanged His life for mine is understood more fully and lived more deeply. I no longer have to live, He will live through me. The old lies, messages and beliefs of who I was are removed.. Now may the new truth of who God has created me, who I truly am, be revealed, fully.

2008, the year of new beginnings. May it be so, may it be so.

Jewelz
©copyrighted 2008 by Julie L. Todd

0 comments: