Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Older They Get The Faster It Goes

Christmas came in a whirlwind as usual. As my kids grow I see it happening....the older the get the faster it goes. The oldest is 20 and the youngest is 10. 

I remember the days of Fisher Price doll house and Legos. Hours of fun and entertainment. Now we have moved  into Old Navy Gift Cards, X-box & Game Cube games, clothes, Ipod paraphenalia.

It seems like it was just yesterday when the boys were gathered around the tree, enjoying a fire in the fireplace, putting together their Legos warships. Was it really 15 years ago when the girls were playing with the Little Tikes ironing board and Fisher Price doll house?

Where has the time gone? It seems to pass more quickly with each year that is added.

Savor the moments. Though the years of toddlers and school age children seem to last forever they will be gone in but a second. So savor the moments.

In 22 days my first born child will leave for 5 months to go overseas on a mission trip. Life as I have known it will change.

Savor the moments....they are fleeting......

What would it look like if I were to go back for a "do over"? Would I sit with them longer? Would I get on the  floor and play? Would I put aside the household chores to just sit and play a game? Yes, I would. I would do it all over again. I would give them more of ME!

Savor the moments....
Jewelz
©copyrighted 2007 by Julie L. Todd

0 comments: